Feel free to call our Admissions Staff at 631-643-7900 or 212-772-6060 with any questions you may have in the application process.
The following information is provided to answer some of the questions you may have about Usdan. Please read carefully before filling out the application. To receive information about Tours, Information Sessions, and program updates, please fill out the form on the Contact page.
2017 Season Dates
- 7 week session: June 26, 2017 - August 11, 2017, weekdays (closed Tuesday, July 4)
- 4 week session: June 26, 2017 - July 21, 2017, weekdays (closed Tuesday, July 4)
- 2 week session A: June 26, 2017 - July 7, 2017, weekdays (closed Tuesday, July 4)
- 2 week session B: July 10, 2017 - July 21, 2017, weekdays
- 2 week session C: July 24, 2017 - August 4, 2017, weekdays
- 2 week session C+ (add-on): August 7, 2017 - August 11, 2017, weekdays
There are five main arts departments at Usdan; Art, Dance, Music, Creative Writing and Theater. Additional study is offered in Chess, Nature and Recreational Arts. Applicants select a Major and Minor class, as well as a Recreational Activity, from the more than 40 courses Usdan has to offer. All students attend a daily Assembly.
Students at Usdan are divided into separate divisions, each based upon the student’s current grade in the 2016-2017 school year.
The four divisions are:
- Discovery: Grades Pre-K, K and 1
- Partner in the Arts: Grades 2 or 3
- Junior: Grades 4 through 6
- Senior: Grades 6 through 12
6th grade students may choose to go into the senior division if their schedule allows. Some students may have to audition. Students in grades 2 or 3 participate in an enhanced mentoring program called Partners in the Arts. Call for details 631-643-7900 or 212-772-6060.
Major and Minor Classes
After choosing the 2 week, 4 week or 7 week session, you select a Major class. Your Major subject is the one in which you have the greatest interest and desire to participate. Two periods daily are devoted to it. Examples: a violinist would choose orchestra; a dancer, ballet; an art student, painting, etc.
After making this choice, you then choose a Minor class. This Minor consists of one instructional period daily and is provided to give you an opportunity to enjoy an experience in another art form or in recreation.
Choose your Major and Minor activities with care, because it will be difficult to make changes in the assigned programs. Schedule changes, when possible, will be made upon the recommendation of the faculty within the first 2 weeks of the season.
- Tuition for 7 weeks: $5,250 - $5,750 includes transportation and fees.
- Tuition for 4 weeks: $3,900 - $4,200 includes transportation and fees.
- Tuition for 2 week A: $1,900 includes transportation and fees.
- Tuition for 2 week B or C: $1,950 includes transportation and fees.
- (Please note: 2 week bus transportation is provided at central pick up points throughout the NY area).
- No gratuities are expected or permitted.